Business & Economy
BRICS a stabiliser of global economy, says Xinhua The BRICS group with deepened cooperation will not only serve its five member countries and other developing nations, but also stabilise and even boost the world economy, the official Chinese news agency Xinhua said in a commentary.... read more
Crime, Disaster & Accident
Kerala student killed by falling coconut tree A coconut tree swaying dangerously in a strong wind fell on two students in a school here on Wednesday, killing one of them and badly injuring the other, authorities said.
The incident took place in the afternoon when the students... read more
Lifestyle & Fashion
Now, savour Kashmiri delicacies in ChennaiBy Venkatachari Jagannathan
It's a cuisine that has its roots more than 3,000 km away in salubrious Himalayan climes. Now, denizens of this Tamil Nadu capital, where temperatures can soar to the mid-40s, can savour delicacies like tabakh maaz... read more
Science & Technology
Pensions linked through Aadhaar card: Haryana CM Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Wednesday said most of the pension-disbursals in the state have been linked through Aadhaar card thus enhancing the level of transparency.
Speaking at a public rally here, he asked the people to... read more
Court sends TDP legislator to two-day ACB custody A city court on Wednesday sent Telugu Desam Party (TDP) legislator Sandra Venkata Veeraiah to two-day custody of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in the cash-for-vote case.
The court directed the ACB to question him between 9 a.m. and 5.30... read more
German international Jansen retires Germany defender Marcell Jansen on Wednesday announced his retirement from professional football after his contract at Hamburg expires in July-end.
After 11 years of professional football, the 29-year-old announced he was hanging up his shoes.... read more
Immigration, Law & Rights
Nepal gets new chief justice Nepal President Ram Baran Yadav on Wednesday appointed Justice Kalyan Shrestha as the new chief justice of the country, officials said.
The president appointed Shrestha, 64, as the new chief justice on the recommendation of the... read more
Modi gifts books to Kazakhstan president Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday presented a set of books relating to religions born in India to Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev.
"The gift set includes the English translation of Guru Granth Sahib along with specially... read more
Giant indoor stadium set to host mega Africa summitBy Aparajita Gupta and Rajnish Singh
With New Delhi set to host 54 African heads of state and government and their large entourages this October, a giant indoor stadium built for the Asian Games in 1982 will play host to this grand conclave.... read more
Human Interest & Society
World's oldest man dies in Japan aged 112 Sakari Momoi, a Japanese man recognised by the Guinness World Records as the world's oldest living man, has died a natural death here aged 112.
Momoi was born on February 5, 1903 in Minamisoma city in Fukushima prefecture in central Japan. He... read more
Environment & Wildlife
Delhi HC to hear plea against Chinese 'plastic' rice The Delhi High Court on Wednesday agreed to hear a plea seeking directions to the government to carry out the quality test on imported Chinese rice.
The plea said that due to globalisation, rice in large quality is being imported from China... read more
Defence & Security
24 sentenced to death for massacre of Iraqi soldiers An Iraqi court on Wednesday sentenced 24 people to death over charges of killing about 1,700 soldiers when the Islamic State (IS) militants seized the city of Tikrit, the capital of Salahudin province, in June 2014, a judicial spokesman said.... read more
- BRICS a stabiliser of global economy, says Xinhua
- Court sends TDP legislator to two-day ACB custody
- Chinese slide, Greek crisis subdue markets; Sensex sheds 484 points
- Kerala student killed by falling coconut tree
- German international Jansen retires
- MBBS course stopped in seven private medical colleges in UP
- Delhi HC sets aside rejection of Uber's licence plea
- Pensions linked through Aadhaar card: Haryana CM
- Girl tortured by father, stepmother rescued in Hyderabad
- SRK 'shocked' after fan leaves graffiti on 'Mannat' wall
- 24 sentenced to death for massacre of Iraqi soldiers
- Nod to export of 2,095 tons more of sugar to US
- Five of family killed in Syria rocket attack
- 3 of 4 companies adulterating, misbranding food go unpunished
- Bosch workers to protest
- Villarreal striker Vietto moves to Atletico Madrid
- Kerala eyes more tourists from Sri Lanka, China
- Modi reaches Ufa for BRICS, SCO summits
- Former Andhra Congress chief joins TRS
- AIFF to organise scouting workshop from Sunday
- Kejriwal offers job to journalist's sister
- Kamini, Sharma power Indian women to ODI series win
- Best ways to apply foundation flawlessly
- Nissan aims at 5 percent market share in 3-4 years
- 20 killed in Pakistan road accident
- Bangladesh call up Mahmudullah, Anamul for ODIs
- Greece will face chaos, riots if deal not struck: France
- Indian traditional wear has seen experimentation: Archana Kochhar
- Orange Business Services join hands Tata Communications
- I am the coach and I take all decisions: ATK's Habas